Most current research on the implementation of computer-based technology in K-12 education reports that technology is a means, not an end; it is a tool for achieving instructional goals, not a goal in itself. In today's world, computer-based technology is not a frill, but an important component of any modern curriculum. The factors which repeatedly appear in the literature as crucial elements for successfully using technology include the following:
- Technology is best used as one component in a broad-based reform effort.
- Teachers must be adequately trained to use technology.
- Teachers may need to change their beliefs about teaching and learning.
- Technological resources must be sufficient and accessible.
- Effective technology use requires long-term planning and support.
- Technology should be integrated into the curricular and instructional framework.
- Server Based Technology Resources
- Online Technology Resources
Microsoft Outlook 2010
Outlook Web Access
- Create new email
- Use address book
- Reply to email
- Forward email
- Create Folders
- Change Password
- Create Rules
- Create Signature
- Change Themes
- Create Automatic Replies
- Change Preview Pane
LHS Learning Commons
The mission of the Lawrence High School Campus Learning Commons is to enable students to become educated, self-confident, lifelong learners and responsible citizens by:
- Supporting the mission of the district
- Developing diverse collections in many formats to meet learning styles of students, to support the schools' curricula and good instruction
- Providing a foundation of skills and knowledge for enjoying and using ideas and information
- Teaching information literacy strategies to promote efficient, effective and ethical use of information
- Fostering a love of reading in all literary genres to develop lifelong learning and stimulate intellectual curiosity
- LHS Learning Commons
- LHS Learning Commons Wiki Online Wiki Databases and up-to-date news and information for Learning Commons
- High School Edition
- Online School Edition
- Middle School Edition
- Elementary School Edition
- Online Public Library Edition
- Online Public Library Edition: Kids
- Learning Zone
Supervisor of Instructional Technology & Media
978-975-5905, ext. 25690